Ok testing done finally

Apr 5, 2017
Cullman , Al
I have been slamming for a few days now and I finally think I am getting close. Woke up today and it was the first time I had a residual FC (2). Added more calcium hypo to bring back to proper levels and my cc was 1ppm. Once I get that to Below .5ppm how often does everyone test to maintain proper levels? My cya was 60. Water hardness was low (70)which is why I am using Cal hypo

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that I still need to do the overnight FC test to make sure that I am maintaining FC levels and such. I am going to aim towards 8ppm as maintenance levels.

Calcium hardness is 70 cya of 60 I have slam level of fc to 28-30 and when I check every few hours it drops down to the teens and I readd chlorine to put it back between 28-30 range but overnight the first 2 nights I register 0 fc first test so today having 2fc was headed in the right direction. Cc was 5 when I first started and the water was black/green. I just retested now and fc was 19 so I am going to bump back to 28 and test again at dark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just retested
bacc2fbb27f1332d8aa3461e56073494.jpg

Vinyl pools don't need calcium. Too much calcium could also cause problems. Isn't bleach cheaper for the amount of FC you need for a SLAM?

And yes, bleach weakens over time and with heat/sun exposure. Consider that before buying a big honkin' supply of it.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah I plan to hopefully get pool right and maybe next weekend clean my sand filter, top off the sand leveo if it is low (bought this house and pool last September so just getting my feet wet with maintenance) the previous owners said they just never turned the filter off the pressure guage on the filter is currently inoperable but I have a replacement. That should allow me to have a consistent baseline for back washing. I am also thinking really hard about a poolskim since it appears to be extremely effective

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.