Acid eating beauty....

md,

When I lower my TA I find that it works best for me to do it over and over every three or four hours.. I keep adding acid every time the pH gets to 7.3 and I drop it down to 7.0.

I keep a chart of the pH, TA, and how much acid I entered. It takes me about two days to get my TA from 100/110 to 60.. when I quit adding acid, but I keep aerating until my pH get back up to 7.6 or so.

I'm aerating the whole time of course.

My TA will slowly creep back up above 110 and then I have to do it again.. More in the summer when the SWCG is working hard and not so much in the winter.

I found that if I only did it once a day, it seemed to not have a lasting effect..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The spillway is alright (check that - you have a raised spillway, that's even better than my piddly little near-waterlevel thing), but far, far better if you can turn on the spa jets while letting the spillway overflow into the pool. That's aeration heaven right there!

Dog,

I would think so, but it needs to be one where water flows like a waterfall vs. one where it just runs down the wall and into the pool. The idea is to generate a lot of bubbles.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.