Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robotic cleaner for fiberglass pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Robotic cleaner for fiberglass pool

I have a 14 x 32 fiberglass pool and need a robotic cleaner. There are so many cleaners and I don't want
    to end up with one that doesn't work well on fiberglass. My pool has a ledge along the side walls also.
    Can anyone help with advice?
    Teat461

14 x 31 fiberglass pool , 12,500 gal, SWG, Jandy Pro Truclear 3/4 hp pump, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robotic cleaner for fiberglass pool

Hi Teat,
    None of the cleaners will clean the ledges well, so dont let that be a determining factor in your selection.

Fiberglass pools have a gel coat on them, so because of that I would recommend a cleaner that doesn't have maximum scrubbing power.
    Something similar to the Dolphin Nautilus +, or the S200, or Discovery or the Triton Plus, or S30. There are quite a few that will fit the bill.

Cleaners are a hot topic on TFP so Im sure others will be along to give their recommendation too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I think you could drop back to the S100 which has one brush rather than the two brushes the S200 and S300 have. It has tracks vs tires so that should help it navigate the ledge.

The S100 is the same as Doheny's Saturn, Dolphin Active 10

More about S series cleaners here, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery
    I also discuss my Doheny's Discovery/S200 in my pool thread, link in sig.

Marina Pools seems to have the best prices right now, here is a recent thread, Maytronics cleaners
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I have fiberglass pool with ledge along sides. I have the Polaris 9550 Sport. It works very well on my pool. It has a water jet out the rear, which does well for blowing off any dirt on the edge as it climbs up wall past it.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.