Robotic cleaner for fiberglass pool

Jan 9, 2016
Newton,NC
I have a 14 x 32 fiberglass pool and need a robotic cleaner. There are so many cleaners and I don't want
to end up with one that doesn't work well on fiberglass. My pool has a ledge along the side walls also.
Can anyone help with advice?

Hi Teat,
None of the cleaners will clean the ledges well, so dont let that be a determining factor in your selection.

Fiberglass pools have a gel coat on them, so because of that I would recommend a cleaner that doesn't have maximum scrubbing power.
Something similar to the Dolphin Nautilus +, or the S200, or Discovery or the Triton Plus, or S30. There are quite a few that will fit the bill.

Cleaners are a hot topic on TFP so Im sure others will be along to give their recommendation too.

I think you could drop back to the S100 which has one brush rather than the two brushes the S200 and S300 have. It has tracks vs tires so that should help it navigate the ledge.

The S100 is the same as Doheny's Saturn, Dolphin Active 10

More about S series cleaners here, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery
I also discuss my Doheny's Discovery/S200 in my pool thread, link in sig.

Marina Pools seems to have the best prices right now, here is a recent thread, Maytronics cleaners

I have fiberglass pool with ledge along sides. I have the Polaris 9550 Sport. It works very well on my pool. It has a water jet out the rear, which does well for blowing off any dirt on the edge as it climbs up wall past it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.