First test results post slam

Mattsway

Bronze Supporter
Apr 10, 2017
Sussex UK
With the SLAM successful (OCLT passed) and FC having dropped below 10, I have just been able to obtain my first full set of results. With the TA, I understand that I will have to monitor the rate at which my PH rises, before deciding whether to aim for a lower TA. How fast is unacceptable?

FC 8.5 (UV and 24/7 pump use is lowering this to 5)
CYA 35
PH. 7.4
TA. 130
CH 120
Cc. 0.5

All ok?
Loving my SpeedStir btw!

The rate of TA drop is more how tired you get of daily additions than any rule. It's going to take the same amount of acid whether you let the pH climb naturally or if you force it with a lot of aeration. Do you want to mess with it daily, or devote a weekend to it and be done with it?

The rate of TA drop is more how tired you get of daily additions than any rule. It's going to take the same amount of acid whether you let the pH climb naturally or if you force it with a lot of aeration. Do you want to mess with it daily, or devote a weekend to it and be done with it?
At what rate will pH will climb by itself? I'm not sure I can provide much aeration, so I'll select my option on that basis, thanks. What TA should I be aiming for?

Thanks, I'll let the pH climb to 7.8 and keep knocking it back to 7.2, aiming for a TA of 90, but re-assessing this figure as I go.

After more reading here, I retested TA, wiping the bottle tip after each drop.

TA is actually 120

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.