New Build in West Houston Area - PB

Pentair 16" and 32" heads on a 2" line.

I'm fairly pleased with the results thus far. I can kind of see lane lines in the shallow end. I'm going to shock, floc and vacuum to waste one more time and then start balancing the water and filtering in CYA so I can start running chlorine 24/7 without it all burning off.
1f7a24cef09fda65819339438f2b26be.jpg
caf4c53cc45a88cb0d7575c7f54de16c.jpg
17687c54b23e9aea6975e5814789d5d7.jpg
28c3d19cb628a0c6846c810a95e03dcc.jpg
f93fae821d77f5cc914bc023d1990ced.jpg

One shot of the local Home Depot getting stocked up for the rebuild...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This thread is now officially noteworthy for another reason - your epic post-hurricane turnaround. Bravo! Thanks for the video! Kudos for getting the waste flow visible from where you were. I'm impressed at the suction and the pressure on that waste water ejection. It lets you move the head as fast as you can without causing waves that move the debris on the floor, very nice indeed. Lastly, thank you for finalizing my next pool's shape - long rectangle for long laps/swim lanes and to take advantage of that commercial vac head! That floc, in your case at least, settled really nicely! Did you follow instructions exactly or do things differently to achieve those great results? Use recommended dosage for your gallons? Your family has turned your setback into a great asset that will help countless others for years, thank you!

Very neat idea! As long as it is warranty and finish friendly, I'm super curious how it works! Less valuable to me if it jeopardised either of those, but could still be perfect for you.

If you have any questions about it, please ask. We can invite whoever is most likely to have answers into the thread, if they're not here already.

Very neat idea! As long as it is warranty and finish friendly, I'm super curious how it works! Less valuable to me if it jeopardised either of those, but could still be perfect for you.

If you have any questions about it, please ask. We can invite whoever is most likely to have answers into the thread, if they're not here already.

I talked to plaster company and it sounds like flood effectively shot plaster warranty in the face. Basically in the event of a warranty call, they can point back at flood and as a violation of their water chemistry / quality clause. That being said - the acid wash guys from that company went full tilt on the pressure washers when they did their wash before fill... so the finish can certainly handle it. The water will likely slow down substantially having to travel through water from the sprayer tip to the wall - so I'm not too concerned in that respect. I hope it does the job though - agitating the remaining dirt off of the plaster...

I talked to plaster company and it sounds like flood effectively shot plaster warranty in the face. Basically in the event of a warranty call, they can point back at flood and as a violation of their water chemistry / quality clause. That being said - the acid wash guys from that company went full tilt on the pressure washers when they did their wash before fill... so the finish can certainly handle it. The water will likely slow down substantially having to travel through water from the sprayer tip to the wall - so I'm not too concerned in that respect. I hope it does the job though - agitating the remaining dirt off of the plaster...

How much dirt is left? It looked a lot better and I imagine even looks better today. I would do it with a low flow tip first as I know my pressure washer high flow tip can cut a hole in my driveway. Do you have updated pics?

Awesome progress! I love how the shadow on the shark and the turtles still look great to me every time I see them! Great calls!

Hopefully the warranty never is needed anyway. If it turns out to be needed and they give you any flack, there's always arbitration, and who knows, maybe TFP can connect you with experts that could provide expert opinion that the failure wasn't caused by flooding - especially since your remediation was very quick and have photos to prove it, showing unharmed plaster. Anywho, I bet you never need it anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.