New Build in West Houston Area - PB

Do you have the WetEdge instructions for the new plaster start-up? Or something from your PB?

It's usually a big no-no to use a cleaner with tracks or wheels for 2 weeks or more. Some plaster companies have guidelines for what chemicals and how much to add especially during the first few days of new plaster, and some companies give guidelines for the first few weeks.

I just want to make sure you protect your investment and don't void your warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you adding the CYA?

Talked to the plaster co and they said they wouldn't recommend robot for first couple weeks so I will hold off.

Cya - adding through skimmer with mesh bag.

How's the water color today? Can you see it clearing up?

e2fc8736c87a6851b8c5221716869b94.jpg

The illustrated version. :)

Oh, oh, oh.... How beautiful! Your pool may be designed for lap swimming, but it sure looks like a heck of a fun pool to play in!!

What are your test results looking like for the different chem levels? Sorry if I missed it, but is your automated delivery system set up yet for bleach and MA? Or are you doing it manually for awhile?

Amazing!
Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doing it manually for this first week or two. PH came down from 7.5 to 6.8 after adding 2 gallons last night. TA came down from 120 to 110 with that addition of acid, and chlorine is around 6. When I get home, I turn on the water falls to bring PH up and then hit it with acid to bring the TA down.... hopefully this routine will keep the TA in check as the plaster cures... Any thoughts / suggestions from the group?

Doing it manually for this first week or two. PH came down from 7.5 to 6.8 after adding 2 gallons last night. TA came down from 120 to 110 with that addition of acid, and chlorine is around 6. When I get home, I turn on the water falls to bring PH up and then hit it with acid to bring the TA down.... hopefully this routine will keep the TA in check as the plaster cures... Any thoughts / suggestions from the group?

Disclaimer (or warning): This is new territory for me - new pool chem balancing and not sure if such a huge pool makes a difference. But here goes.

Manually delivery of MA and bleach: Great! You'll want to really get a feel for your pool's needs and trends before going automated, however long that takes. Just know with new plaster, you'll want to keep an eye on those trends, because they will change as your plaster continues to cure for up to a year or little more. Fall/winter drops in temperature will give you new trends. Same with springtime water temperature rises.

FC: 6 is ok, you may want to go around 7 or 8 with the crazy heat.

pH: Avoid going below 7.2 and definitely avoid getting into the '6' zone. Use Pool Math to help calculate the amount to add (or does PoolMath overheat when you plug in the gallons?! Lol!!)

TA: Get out of the TA/MA/pH loop of adding/lowering/raising, etc. Your pH is going to really be pushing up due to the new plaster. All the MA you add to keep near your pH target will gradually pull the TA down. Focus on your pH, and the TA should take care of itself.

CH: Have you tested that yet? Not a big concern now, but good to get a baseline.

CYA: Get a test result when you can - maybe 5-7 days after you added the CYA. From your CYA level, you can dial in your FC target. Or you may need to raise the CYA a bit more if it's too low. You need the correct CYA/FC ratio to protect your FC and not waste anymore bleach than necessary.

My apologies if you know most of this already. You're a pretty independent guy who does his homework well, so I'm not sure what you know. Be sure to ask if you don't know something or are unsure!

Keep up the great work!!
Suz

The pavilion's roof always obstructed view of the pit - never noticed it had that angle! Neat! Is that for easy entry/exit or just for awesomeness? Or is that for waves/overflow? More pictures of that area welcome! Thanks and congratulations, this is looking great!

Does the deck get any kind of sealant or UV treatment or good as is?

BYLP - I'm with Yakima here. Perhaps I missed it, what is the purpose of the "pit"?

Oh - the pit... yeah - we are putting a pavilion over it this weekend and then a rubber floor in it. Once that cures, we have 2 outdoor sofas and end tables that will go into it and eventually a center fire table in the middle. Gives a place for folks to sit and watch kids in the shade - right next to the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.