High phosphates new plaster pool (5 days old)

Aug 28, 2016
Baltimore Md
Besides adding muratic acid and jacks magic magenta and calcium hardner I have been scrubbing twice daily. I now have high phosphates my levels are as follows.

ph 7.4
alk 90
calcium hardness 320
cyanuric acid 10
fac 0
phosphates 500

any thoughts on the high phosphates ? Was that from adding jacks magic magenta 8 hours prior?
should I be concerned?

also pool size is 45000 gallons
plastered 5 days ago
thanks in advance

How are you testing?

Here at TFP we do not worry about phosphates. It is really something the Pool $tore tells you is a problem so they can sell you something else :roll: Here is the corner stone for how we care for a pool:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Between a good test kit and the knowledge you can gain from reading on here and asking questions you can have a Trouble Free Pool LOL

Kim:kim:

I added some jacks magic magenta this morning per smg for new diamondbrite pool, I still have a 0 FCA and now high phosphates 500, not sure what to do next?
Test was done 8 hours after jacks was added by pool store, my test kit just came so I'll do it tomorrow.
thanks

Mod note: threads have been merged

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.