CircuPool RJ45 install question!

MCan56

Mar 25, 2013
Shawnee OK
This weekend I am installing a new CircuPool RJ45. I have read through the documentation, and I believe I have a solid plan. Here is a picture of my setup:
Pool_Equip_swg.jpg

The documentation shows the flow switch before and after the cell, the requirement being 12" run prior to the switch. So I think this is all good. Here is my question:

I am using a 2 speed pump, and the manual says "When using a Variable-Speed or Multi-Speed pump on a low speed setting, or for general circumstances where flow is less-than-adequate, the cell must be inverted in order to ensure adequate flow & efficient chlorine production." The picture is for horizontal placement, and since my cell is going to be vertical, that won't affect me- but is vertical placement "bad" for low-flow situations?

I do not know how many gpm I get in low power mode, so I'm not sure if it will be strong enough to generate chlorine anyway. My preference will be to run very nearly 24x7 in low speed and manually go to high speed when I use the Polaris 380. If that doesn't work well then I will just do high speed during the day while using the pool sweep and low speed at night. We have a LOT of tree cover, so I like to keep it moving as much as possible. I just wish the skimmer worked better during low speed...

Took a little longer than planned due to a noob PVC issue, but it's all hooked up and running. Very easy install!

I haven't done any measurements yet, but it's definitely running. I'll try to throw up some measurements once I get them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.