Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

  1. Back To Top    #1
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Our pool is getting a well needed new liner.
    Our decking is also being redone.

    I am overwhelmed with the options for pool liners, as it is so very hard to imagine what it will look like in the pool.

    Personally, I love the dark onyx liner from looploc. My husband thinks it looks murky.

    Some liners really look cheap and cheesy when installed.

    Here are my questions- maybe you so can help me.

    - How did you choose your liner?
    - How long have you had it?
    - Would you use that pattern again?
    Or** is there a picture you can post here with the liner name of your liner if you love it?

    This is our backyard as of today (yup water is a bit cloudy- t-100 being delivered today)

    Factors:
    1)We get full sun back here.

    2)The deck is going wood. (Have to decide that by tomorrow as well.)

    3)The 2nd pic is what I am looking to end up color wise (ish) with the deck. (& The house is currently pale pale - did I say pale? Yellow- color exterior project is next)

    4) third picture is what we are looking at for furniture haven't purchased yet, but this is the general idea. (May end up with the brighter blue and brown base)

    Any input would be really truly helpful!!!!!


    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Richard320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)
    Posts
    20,312

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Start here: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic Name Of Your Liner

    PS: whatever you pick, be sure to contribute a picture to the gallery!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Nectarologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    471

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    How did you choose your liner? Wanted a dark liner but was afraid to pull the trigger on all dark like the onyx.
    - How long have you had it? 2 years (previous liner was 13 years in different pool and light in color).
    - Would you use that pattern again? Yes, I have no regrets and really like it, however, I'd get different just to change it up. I would strongly consider all dark like the onyx without a border.
    My liner is from Merlin Industries and it's called Cocco Beach Tile with Miramar pattern/bottom (p. 8): http://merlinindustries.com/docs/def...r-brochure.pdf The second picture gives you an idea of how dark in shade and then there is some light shining on it and it's still on the darker side. Our yards seem to have a similar setting with the trees and I think the dark blends in very well. I LOVE the look of an all dark pool like the onyx, it looks like a lagoon.



    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery SWCG: Circupool RJ45

  4. Back To Top    #4
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectarologist View Post
    How did you choose your liner? Wanted a dark liner but was afraid to pull the trigger on all dark like the onyx.
    - How long have you had it? 2 years (previous liner was 13 years in different pool and light in color).
    - Would you use that pattern again? Yes, I have no regrets and really like it, however, I'd get different just to change it up. I would strongly consider all dark like the onyx without a border.
    My liner is from Merlin Industries and it's called Cocco Beach Tile with Miramar pattern/bottom (p. 8): http://merlinindustries.com/docs/def...r-brochure.pdf The second picture gives you an idea of how dark in shade and then there is some light shining on it and it's still on the darker side. Our yards seem to have a similar setting with the trees and I think the dark blends in very well. I LOVE the look of an all dark pool like the onyx, it looks like a lagoon.



    Thanks!! Beautiful yard and pool!!

    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Sparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    133

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    If you are drawn to dark water.....look at Joey316. He has his first pic on page 3 I believe. Ihttps://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/116729-Vinyl-Liner-Pattern-Roundup-Project-Post-Pic-amp-Name-Of-Your-Liner
    I asked him to post more pics from inside, and he did further on in the thread. It's really pretty.....I almost went with it. I love your furniture you picked out!
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    If you are drawn to dark water.....look at Joey316. He has his first pic on page 3 I believe. Ihttps://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/116729-Vinyl-Liner-Pattern-Roundup-Project-Post-Pic-amp-Name-Of-Your-Liner
    I asked him to post more pics from inside, and he did further on in the thread. It's really pretty.....I almost went with it. I love your furniture you picked out!
    It's funny you mention his. I saw that yesterday and think that it what we are going with.
    Almost a compromise with my husband who doesn't want black.
    I think it is a beautiful liner

    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Sparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    133

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Yay!!! I think it creates a gorgeous water color! I was very torn between the Durango and Tan Pebble. My PB used Latham (which had the tan liner) , but not GLI.....so that made my mind up. Lol. Please post pics afterwards
    Quote Originally Posted by PureLuck View Post
    It's funny you mention his. I saw that yesterday and think that it what we are going with.
    Almost a compromise with my husband who doesn't want black.
    I think it is a beautiful liner

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    So, we ordered the Durango liner..
    However, our pool company does not care to use GLI.
    So, the pool company owner called around, found out the raw materials supplier (gli is the only one who supplies the Durango Mosaic) and we chose the same floor pattern but a different top which I like more.
    They are having the raw material shipped to one of their liner distributers to make for our pool. (At no extra cost)
    Very happy with this pool company..
    Plus.... They pretty much use the tfp method in their store.


    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Sparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    133

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Congrats! When will it be installed?
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

  10. Back To Top    #10
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    As of right now we are scheduled for the first week in June. The biggest unknown is the weather.
    I will take pics of the process because I'm shocked that more companies do not save the pool water.
    Such a waste.
    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

  11. Back To Top    #11
    Sparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    133

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Yes....would love to see pics I'm replacing my liner with the exact same one. It was installed last fall during my build, but was measured wrong. I don't have a clue where to put all my water yet. I thought about seeing if a water truck could hold it for a few hours. I don't know if they do that or not.
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

  12. Back To Top    #12
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    Yes....would love to see pics I'm replacing my liner with the exact same one. It was installed last fall during my build, but was measured wrong. I don't have a clue where to put all my water yet. I thought about seeing if a water truck could hold it for a few hours. I don't know if they do that or not.
    Not sure where you live, but in Massachusetts we have Heritage pool in Sutton. They are the ones who save the water

    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

  13. Back To Top    #13
    Sparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    133

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    I'm in Indiana. Ill call around and check with some pool companies. Almost time for your new liner!!!
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

  14. Back To Top    #14

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Erial, NJ
    Posts
    118

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    I just chose an identical liner by Merlin. Should be installed next week. I was soooo nervous about going so dark but every image I saw (and I saw a lot!) with something similar I LOVED so hoping I will love it in my own pool!!! It took me a good while scouring google to see what I liked. It's a big change but I'm sure we will both like it! Looking forward to seeing your photos!!
    22,000 gallon Lazy L liner pool built in 2002, Gas 300.000 BTU Hayward Heater, Sand filter, Taking over balancing chemicals from DH who knows more details but now I have the TF100 test kit and the speedstir.

  15. Back To Top    #15
    PureLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Posts
    126

    Re: Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBug View Post
    I just chose an identical liner by Merlin. Should be installed next week. I was soooo nervous about going so dark but every image I saw (and I saw a lot!) with something similar I LOVED so hoping I will love it in my own pool!!! It took me a good while scouring google to see what I liked. It's a big change but I'm sure we will both like it! Looking forward to seeing your photos!!
    We can't wait to get ours installed! We found the actual Raw materials manufacturer and they are making it for us.
    Need to call to get an install update as it has been a very very rainy spring

    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, tftestkits TF-100 & 1766, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016, new liner installed 07/2017. Circupool SJ40 SWG (7/2018), Dolphin S300i 7/2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •