Liner choices! Decide by Friday, help please!

PureLuck

Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Our pool is getting a well needed new liner.
Our decking is also being redone.

I am overwhelmed with the options for pool liners, as it is so very hard to imagine what it will look like in the pool.

Personally, I love the dark onyx liner from looploc. My husband thinks it looks murky.

Some liners really look cheap and cheesy when installed.

Here are my questions- maybe you so can help me.

- How did you choose your liner?
- How long have you had it?
- Would you use that pattern again?
Or** is there a picture you can post here with the liner name of your liner if you love it?

This is our backyard as of today (yup water is a bit cloudy- t-100 being delivered today)

Factors:
1)We get full sun back here.

2)The deck is going wood. (Have to decide that by tomorrow as well.)

3)The 2nd pic is what I am looking to end up color wise (ish) with the deck. (& The house is currently pale pale - did I say pale? Yellow- color exterior project is next)

4) third picture is what we are looking at for furniture haven't purchased yet, but this is the general idea. (May end up with the brighter blue and brown base)

Any input would be really truly helpful!!!!!
dd90518bdb761b1fb6071e0650b5875e.jpg
473c74f7185fc725088f0fa3527849d7.jpg
623156d0ab3a752db0f3bfcea1ff4ea8.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

How did you choose your liner? Wanted a dark liner but was afraid to pull the trigger on all dark like the onyx.
- How long have you had it? 2 years (previous liner was 13 years in different pool and light in color).
- Would you use that pattern again? Yes, I have no regrets and really like it, however, I'd get different just to change it up. I would strongly consider all dark like the onyx without a border.
My liner is from Merlin Industries and it's called Cocco Beach Tile with Miramar pattern/bottom (p. 8): http://merlinindustries.com/docs/default-source/merlin-product-brochures/2017-liner-brochure.pdf The second picture gives you an idea of how dark in shade and then there is some light shining on it and it's still on the darker side. Our yards seem to have a similar setting with the trees and I think the dark blends in very well. I LOVE the look of an all dark pool like the onyx, it looks like a lagoon.

How did you choose your liner? Wanted a dark liner but was afraid to pull the trigger on all dark like the onyx.
- How long have you had it? 2 years (previous liner was 13 years in different pool and light in color).
- Would you use that pattern again? Yes, I have no regrets and really like it, however, I'd get different just to change it up. I would strongly consider all dark like the onyx without a border.
My liner is from Merlin Industries and it's called Cocco Beach Tile with Miramar pattern/bottom (p. 8): http://merlinindustries.com/docs/default-source/merlin-product-brochures/2017-liner-brochure.pdf The second picture gives you an idea of how dark in shade and then there is some light shining on it and it's still on the darker side. Our yards seem to have a similar setting with the trees and I think the dark blends in very well. I LOVE the look of an all dark pool like the onyx, it looks like a lagoon.

Thanks!! Beautiful yard and pool!!

If you are drawn to dark water.....look at Joey316. He has his first pic on page 3 I believe. Ihttps://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/116729-Vinyl-Liner-Pattern-Roundup-Project-Post-Pic-amp-Name-Of-Your-Liner
I asked him to post more pics from inside, and he did further on in the thread. It's really pretty.....I almost went with it. I love your furniture you picked out!

If you are drawn to dark water.....look at Joey316. He has his first pic on page 3 I believe. Ihttps://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/116729-Vinyl-Liner-Pattern-Roundup-Project-Post-Pic-amp-Name-Of-Your-Liner
I asked him to post more pics from inside, and he did further on in the thread. It's really pretty.....I almost went with it. I love your furniture you picked out!
It's funny you mention his. I saw that yesterday and think that it what we are going with.
Almost a compromise with my husband who doesn't want black.
I think it is a beautiful liner

Yay!!! I think it creates a gorgeous water color! I was very torn between the Durango and Tan Pebble. My PB used Latham (which had the tan liner) , but not GLI.....so that made my mind up. Lol. Please post pics afterwards:)
It's funny you mention his. I saw that yesterday and think that it what we are going with.
Almost a compromise with my husband who doesn't want black.
I think it is a beautiful liner

So, we ordered the Durango liner..
However, our pool company does not care to use GLI.
So, the pool company owner called around, found out the raw materials supplier (gli is the only one who supplies the Durango Mosaic) and we chose the same floor pattern but a different top which I like more.
They are having the raw material shipped to one of their liner distributers to make for our pool. (At no extra cost)
Very happy with this pool company..
Plus.... They pretty much use the tfp method in their store.

As of right now we are scheduled for the first week in June. The biggest unknown is the weather.
I will take pics of the process because I'm shocked that more companies do not save the pool water.
Such a waste.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes....would love to see pics:) I'm replacing my liner with the exact same one. It was installed last fall during my build, but was measured wrong. I don't have a clue where to put all my water yet. I thought about seeing if a water truck could hold it for a few hours. I don't know if they do that or not.

Yes....would love to see pics:) I'm replacing my liner with the exact same one. It was installed last fall during my build, but was measured wrong. I don't have a clue where to put all my water yet. I thought about seeing if a water truck could hold it for a few hours. I don't know if they do that or not.
Not sure where you live, but in Massachusetts we have Heritage pool in Sutton. They are the ones who save the water

I just chose an identical liner by Merlin. Should be installed next week. I was soooo nervous about going so dark but every image I saw (and I saw a lot!) with something similar I LOVED so hoping I will love it in my own pool!!! It took me a good while scouring google to see what I liked. It's a big change but I'm sure we will both like it! Looking forward to seeing your photos!!

I just chose an identical liner by Merlin. Should be installed next week. I was soooo nervous about going so dark but every image I saw (and I saw a lot!) with something similar I LOVED so hoping I will love it in my own pool!!! It took me a good while scouring google to see what I liked. It's a big change but I'm sure we will both like it! Looking forward to seeing your photos!!
We can't wait to get ours installed! We found the actual Raw materials manufacturer and they are making it for us.
Need to call to get an install update as it has been a very very rainy spring

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.