Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help me replace top port valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Help me replace top port valve

Good morning TFP. I need your experienced opinion. I bought this pool last year and getting ready to open it for season. I noticed this crack where the pressure gauge is screwed into. This will leak when water runs through and I am wonder if I can seal it or if my only option is to replace the multiport valve.
    IMG_20170502_201710.jpg
    That leads me to my next question. My top-mount valve is old and I am looking at new ones. Will the SP0714T work here? I cannot find any identifying marks on my current valve. Filter is a Purex Triton Tagelus TA 50/500
    IMG_20170502_201728.jpg

TIA TFP!

Ryan
    16,000 - IG - Vinyl (LShape)
    Sand (Purex triton tagelus ta-50)
    A.O. Smith Centurior Switchless
    Built in 1990 - everything still original
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help me replace top port valve

So I have not had luck trying to seal crack like that. There are some quick fixes that aren't very appealing that you can try. Maybe a strip of rubber and a stainless hose clamp. Re-tape and dope and thread in lightly and see what happens the tighter you put it in the wider the crack will spread. JB weld and plastic welders won't work. I have a Tagleus filter also i don't think you would have any issues finding one that will fit.

17K Gallon,IG Vinyl,1hp Pentair Challenger,Pentair TA60 Sand Filter, Hayward Colorlogic,Re-lined 06-20-15, TF-100,SpeedStir,Lagunitas and Margaritas. Zappafan Pool Build

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I would just replace the MPV. It looks like someone already (unsuccessfully) tried to seal it with some RTV.

I found this MPV, it says it fits the Tagelus.

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/07501352028153.htm

You could ask for confirmation with their online chat just to be safe.

Hope this helps.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Dom! That is the same plumbing set up and everything. Thanks!
    16,000 - IG - Vinyl (LShape)
    Sand (Purex triton tagelus ta-50)
    A.O. Smith Centurior Switchless
    Built in 1990 - everything still original
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Happy to help!
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!