pebble sbeen stain, removalble ?

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

I'm not sure when this exactly took place, but I was out of town for funeral last week and sometime later I noticed that the net was not picking up what I thought was a small piece of debris/mulch.

The enclosed pic was taken today [May 2] in the aftn. I zoomed in w my phone, and the actual size would be close to a dime or penny.

Any idea on what I can try to remove this? When I brushed the pool on Monday this week, I brushed this area real hard w a stiff bristle brush and nothing.

I appreciate your suggestions and pls let me know if you have any questions?

Thank you very much,
tstex

Attachments

• p-sheen.jpg
    p-sheen.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 56
There are some great stain experts here and methods to determine what kind of stain it is. I'm sure they will weigh in.

I get a lot of similar stains from acorns and many other things, maintaining good chlorine they all fade away in usually 2 days, maybe 3 max. If it just appeared this weekend and whatever caused the stain is gone, I tend to think it will fade and disappear.

Start with a Vitamin C tablet. If that's a rust stain --- and just one teeny iron filing can do that, guess how I know? -- it will lift it in a minute or two. Just cheap uncoated Vitamin C. You might already have some around the house somewhere. Drop the pill in and push it into position with the brush and wait. Then just brush the dissolved pill away.

Thanks Greg and Richard...I will give the V-C a try. Also, the FC levels have been 5-6 over the last couple of days...maybe a few more is needed.

Does a higher or lower pH have any bearing on a stain-removal? Thank you

Thanks Greg and Richard...I will give the V-C a try. Also, the FC levels have been 5-6 over the last couple of days...maybe a few more is needed.

Does a higher or lower pH have any bearing on a stain-removal? Thank you
Not in your case. You just have a single spot, not huge discolored patches. If it's organic -- leaves and whatnot -- then it will fade naturally over time with normal FC levels.

Every now and then a pebble with iron gets into the pebble mix. We had one a couple of years ago. PB dug it out with a screwdriver and filed the hole with pool putty.

Thank you guys for your feedback.

If CL over time is a cleaner, then when I add my 8.25% bleach, would it be advisable to pour directly into this area?

Next, re a pebble having some iron, how long would it take to manifest, or is there a specific timetable or completely random.

We are out of V-C tablets so off to the store...would nail polish or facial mask materials work? :laughblue:

AND THE WINNER IS:

Vit-C tablet. Unbelievable !!! Thank you so much guys...a stain on my 2.5 yr pebble sheen was really bothering me.

I pulled up my sleeve and took the tablet and just rubbed it over the spot and 90% of it immediately went away...after rubbing it a bit more, it's not even noticeable. I can assure you that the Vit-C tablet was WAY CHEAPER than many other products. I'm assuming the ascorbic acid neutralizes ferric oxide. Now my pool will be immune to infections for a day w 1000MG of Vit-C. :party:

Thanks again - this is a great forum and if you are not a member, you need to join - tstex

I get these all over my pebble sheen pool. Just got rid of 11 recently. I just drop the Vit-C in the pool and push it over the stain with my pool pole. Come back 15-20 minutes later and it is gone with no scrubbing. The side walls are a little tricky if you don't want to get in the water. I hate that these pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.