Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump/filter placement advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump/filter placement advice

We are going to begin installing our pool this weekend. It's a 24' round semi inground salt pool from the pool factory. We will be using a Hayward Matrix 1.5hp 2 speed pump (3ft cord) with cartridge filter and a Hayward salt generator. My question is, should I put the pump as far away from the house/entertainment area as possible? I am completely new to pools, and I'm not sure of the noise level. I'm including a rough sketch of my plans, which has the pump/filter on the far side of the pool. Should I leave it there, or put it closer to the house for convenience? Also, should I build some sort of cover over it, or is it ok exposed? Any placement advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump/filter placement advice

I would put it as far as possible from main area.
    It's not necessary to cover your equipment, but if you put your equipment in a small shed, it would also sound proof it.
    12x20 vinyl liner + fiberglass steps. (6800 Gallons)
    SWCG - Hayward Salt&Swim 3C
    Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter (200 SQ.FT)
    Hayward TriStar VSP
    Raypak heat pump, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump/filter placement advice

My VS pump is nearly silent in the lower speeds, but it sounds like a taxiing 737 at high speed.
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS