Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Equalizing port

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Equalizing port

So when our skimmer was installed, they installed a skimmer with an equalizing port. News to me, wasn't expecting that but ok.

My question is, what kind of wall fitting do people install on this?

I bought Penatir 542423 2 inch slip fitting for the PVC pipe, but what should I put inside that? I can't seem to find any wall fitting for a clean look.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VU8BWE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I read this about the float assembly, so I'll buy one of those.
    What is needed for a skimmer to utilize its equalizer port? Float or equalizer valve?

but how does one finish the wall fitting side of it?

I did install a separate dedicated Vacuum line, so this is more of a fail safe for when the pool drops 2 feet of water lol.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer Equalizing port

It's usually just an open hole in the wall with no special trim. If somehow the skimmer basket gets plugged or the water level drops too low, the diverter closes and water is drawn in through that opening. Otherwise, it's just there. Here's how it works. In your case, substitute "port" for main drain. You'll leave the flapper in the wide open position, or even just remove ot.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Skimmer Equalizing port

Hey,

Mine have a fittings that looks like a very large eyeball. I think it would be pretty ugly with just the end of the pipe there.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.