Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool base question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool base question

My soil is a natural sand I dug it down to my 52" wall height and put my 6" sand cove all the way around also putting gorilla pad down my question is do I need to add more sand to the base as I see everyone adds 2-3" of sand am I gonna have a problem with my liner not fitting correctly by not not adding the sand and keeping it exactly 52"? Using a unibead liner, I measured the liner and from top of wall to cove Seam it's 45"(my cove is 46" to top from top rail) do I need more sand or will it stretch that much
    27' AGP, gorilla pad, 52" deep, circu pool sj40 SWG, Hayward s220t sand filter and 1.5hp Hayward pump, diy solar panels 600' 1/2" tubing

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool base question

Sorry you have not gotten a response. I have no experience with liners. Maybe someone will notice my bump and be able to help.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

the unibead liner should be 45 1/2 inches from seam at cove to bead as per swimline. They just supplied this to me because of the issues I am having with a new 27 round pool I installed. There unibead liner is so tight it pulls my wall down. I added sand to raise floor along with gorilla pad and also increased the size of my cove. Filling now in direct sun because even with the extra sand it is still tight. Bu adding your sand you may help stretch your liner. Can't hurt.Just extra work.

4. Back To Top    #4

usually you add 2-3" of base that raises the floor . that being said, liners are designed to stretch , but make sure you fill on a warm sunny day the warmer the better , that's why some people have problems with the walls buckling , trying to fill when its too cold out and the liner refuses to stretch