Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

LA Pool build

Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while. This forum is a wealth of great information and a super community. I thought I would share our build in LA. We are due to finish in the next 6 weeks.

We we live on the mountain and have encountered a few challenges with planning but we are through it. We have a small garden/yard around 10k sq ft so have had to be creative with space and equipment location planning. We have tried to incorporate a modern design for the pool to flow with the mid century modern design of our house.

Zero edge infinity 32 x 15 16,000 gal, Jandy Jxi 400,000 btu, Jandy epumps 3x 2.7 hp, 1x silencer air blower. 20 jet spa, 5x Jandy 30w pro series color nicheless LED, Jandy CV 580 filter, Jandy CL cartridge filter, Jandy iAqualink RS automation, Jandy PLC1400 Aquapure SWG,3x Jandy Jva 2444 valve actuators, Jandy neverlube valves, NPT Oceanscapes blackies tile, Hydrazzo, Polaris 9550i Sport (4 wheel drive Pool Cleaner).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LA Pool build

HI! I so want to see your pics but it takes quite a while for them to download....IF you go back and use the IMG code they will show up right inside the post. That will also give you a chance to write all of the special details and such for each one. I can't wait to see them!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Where in SoCal?
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

4. Back To Top    #4

Is that black concrete? Very dramatic

5. Back To Top    #5

I like the subterranean equipment pit.

6. Back To Top    #6

It's charcoal concrete, we are going to polish it to expose a little bit of aggregate then seal with a wet sealant to bring out a sparkle. The inlays to the bar will be a silver birch wood look porcelain tile. The firepit will be sangria red glass beads to hopefully make it pop.
    Zero edge infinity 32 x 15 16,000 gal, Jandy Jxi 400,000 btu, Jandy epumps 3x 2.7 hp, 1x silencer air blower. 20 jet spa, 5x Jandy 30w pro series color nicheless LED, Jandy CV 580 filter, Jandy CL cartridge filter, Jandy iAqualink RS automation, Jandy PLC1400 Aquapure SWG,3x Jandy Jva 2444 valve actuators, Jandy neverlube valves, NPT Oceanscapes blackies tile, Hydrazzo, Polaris 9550i Sport (4 wheel drive Pool Cleaner).

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

You've got some very skilled concrete workers there. Beautiful pool and I'm anxious to see how it turns out.
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow, your pool is going to be stunning. I can't wait to see it completed.
    Build in Progress - 15k gallons IG gunite, 12x38 rectangle 4-6-4, Raised Spa - 6x6 w/neg. edge & gas fire feature, All Pentair - IntelliFlo VS Pump, 420 Clean & Clear Filter, 400K BTU MasterTemp, IntelliChlor IC40 w/EasyTouch8 Bundle, ScreenLogic2, IntelliChem, 3 GloBrite LED Color Lights in Pool - 1 in Spa, 1 ColorVision LED Bubbler on Ledge, Bellecrete Grey Mod-Edge Pre-cast Coping, QuartzScape Mariner Blue, Sunstone-Lagoon 1x1 Mosaic

9. Back To Top    #9

We continue with progress, hoping to be complete by the end of the month.

The Bench to hide the pool equipment is nearly complete. Stucco the inside and Tile the outside to match the Bar.

Our Tile

The important bit (Bar)

That's all for now

10. Back To Top    #10

LOVE it all so far!

What color grout are you going to use on the BLING tile?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Still deciding that. I'd like to go black but perhaps a charcoal gray might be better. Not sure yet.

12. Back To Top    #12

Interesting color picks...........hummmmmmmmm do you have any of the tile not attached yet? Ask for the grout color sticks to bring home. Put both colors between them outside where the tile will be. Take pics and share them. We will help you pick.

Kim

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Interesting color picks...........hummmmmmmmm do you have any of the tile not attached yet? Ask for the grout color sticks to bring home. Put both colors between them outside where the tile will be. Take pics and share them. We will help you pick.

Kim
    Hi Kim. The grout color sticks are next to the tile. Black, gray and brown. I don't like the brown.

14. Back To Top    #14

NO to the brown for sure! yuck!

I am really surprised that I like the black so much! It would be hard to pick one. Both the dark gray and black would look great! Throw them up into the air and see which one lands in side a circle to pick LOL

Kim

15. Back To Top    #15

I love the black grout! Pool build is looking great.
    IG steel/vinyl 16'x40' rectangular pool, Imperial "Gray Granite" borderless liner, Hayward TriStar VS 900 variable speed pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter, Hayward Summit XL heat pump, Dolphin Apollo Robotic Cleaner, TF-100, Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer, May 2017 build-in-progress

16. Back To Top    #16

Black looks the best to me too - the charcoal just looks like faded black.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks for the comments and advice. I am going to have some samples made so we can decide for sure. I love the black but a contrast might work also. It's a first world problem nevertheless. ��

18. Back To Top    #18

We are edging closer to completion...

Equipment Bench is tiled. Concrete is to be lightly polished and sealed.

The important bit

We chose a Charcoal grout as the black would have been too much of a contrast with the plaster finish. (We haven't decided what we are doing with plaster yet.)

All prepped and ready for rebar

Stainless Steel covers are installed over the water channels, this provides a form for the concrete to be poured into.

Forms for deck are being constructed. Deck should be completed by the end of this week. We are going for Pewter color concrete to frame the pool. The wooden stakes will create a channel in the pool deck surround which we will fill with artificial turf to break up the hard scape.

Things to do.

Irrigation is being installed. (Rachio System)
    Electrics and soft lighting to be installed. (Under bar and a few trees)
    Sub Panel to be upgraded to 200A
    New electric panel to be installed in the bench
    Equipment to be installed in the bench
    Turf to be installed
    Deck to be poured
    Plaster to be applied
    Queen Palm to be planted next to bench to provide shade.
    Firepit and BBQ to be hooked up
    Some other stuff that I cannot think of at the moment...

19. Back To Top    #19

Oh my! I love that tile and the grout is purrfect! Well done!

Yeah lots to do but it is getting there! Soon it will be done and you will be floating in your pool!

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

love it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast