Desperate for help on what material pool walls are!!

Apr 29, 2017
Austintown Ohio
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We recently moved into a house that had an inground pool with it (later found out pool was built in the 70's). The home inspector was worthless and wouldn't look at the pool but I've had nothing but issues with it and now it is leaking.. Local pool shops all tell me the pool is concrete but after I dug down to replace the return valve i found it wasn't concrete but I have no idea what it is.. 1) the walls are separate sections with a caulking in between each panel 2) there's multiple areas where the coping is separating and when you look to the top of the walls it looks like the walls might be plywood.. Anyone have any idea on how to tell the difference between plywood walls opposed to fiberglass walls? Any information will help and be greatly appreciated so I can try and get everything fixed up as quick as possible

R,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all owners with pools of unknown ancestry... :snorkle:

I held the envelop up to my forehead but was unable to 'see" your pool... :p

You'll get many more helpful answers if you can post a couple of pics of your pool and maybe the area where you dug down.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.