Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New cell not working T-15 salt cell/aqua logic

1. Back To Top    #1

New cell not working T-15 salt cell/aqua logic

I just got a new cell under warranty as my last cell went bad just prior to 3 years. I got the new cell in about a week ago, I went out today to check everything, I noticed there was 0 chlorine, and I noticed my pump was not running right, like there may have been something clogging the pipes, I did not find out the exact issue with the pump but I did get it running properly and when I did the cell was generating chlorine. Went back a few minutes later and cell had turned off saying salt was at 0 and amps at 0. Disconnected the cell multiple times, shut off, disabled all power to main unit, unplugged and inspected cell with no results. I can take the cell into the place that replaced it under warranty but this issue was so odd I wanted to see if I could get any input here.

Salt level on test strip: 3600ppm

Volts 31.40-31.60

Would the high salt levels have killed the new cell?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New cell not working T-15 salt cell/aqua logic

s,

I doubt that 3600 ppm of salt would hurt anything.

You do understand that salt cells do not run all the time. If you have the output set at 50% this does not mean the cell only produces half of the chlorine it can, it means the cell is only on for 50% of the time.

Could it be that when you looked at it the cell was just resting?

Also, the cell will not produce any chlorine if the pump is not running.

That said, you might get many more answer if you would tell us what brand the cell is and the size of the cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the quick response Jim, the cell is the TCell-15. I understand about the pump when not running the cell won't work, however the issue with the pump is that it was running but for some reason water was not running through the pipes as it should have. Either way not sure that would have been the cause to the issue of the cell. Once I got the pump working the cell turned on as well as normal. I have it set to 80% being in AZ the water is already warm enough for cell to turn on and it is, however as mentioned it is showing 0 Instant salt and 0 Amps while on.

4. Back To Top    #4

Please post all the diagnostic readings.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Under the diagnostics menu it shows

Salt: 0
    Amps: 0
    Volts: anywhere between 31.4-31.6

Reading some other posts I saw possible issues with burn marks on the back of the main board, I took a look at mine and I did see a burn mark that could be our culprit, I took a picture to show here.IMG_2221.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

That does not look good and might need to be replaced. Do you know what the component is on the other side?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

I would have to check when I get home, but the board is over 8 years old as far as I know. And before this issue occurred I was smelling something that could have been burning.