New pool sanity check - is my chlorine consumption high?

So, I'm about 10 days into a new pool and here are my test results from my TF-100 kit:

FC 9.0
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 100
CH 300
CYA 60

Salt system not running yet so I'm adding chlorine manually each day (8.25% bleach). Water is nice and clear

I've read through all the great info here and feel like I have a handle on things but wanted to post just to get a sanity check as I feel like I'm adding a lot of bleach each day - at least a gallon.

I was at 30 CYA last week and in the morning I'd have 4 or 5 ppm chlorine in the pool, then by night it would be ZERO chlorine. So I bumped my CYA up to 60 (as I read it should be higher once I start the SWG anyway) and bumped up the chlorine per the CYA/Chlorine chart and did an overnight drop test (OCLT) the last 2 nights. First night no drop in the Chlorine after 7 hours and last night it did drop 1 ppm after 9 hours.

Should I just stay the course or is this chlorine consumption cause for concern?

Welcome to TFP!

I would just stay with it and monitor it for now. Keep FC up and brush daily if you feel like it. When the FC dropped to 0 some algae probably started growing and used up your FC. The fact that Overnight Chlorine Loss Test is OK now is a good sign. You probably barely stayed ahead of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.