Backwash Valve Problems

Apr 3, 2017
Dallas, tx
Hi, my backwash valve near my DE filter will not closer down all the way. It's the kind where I have to push it down then turn it to close it completely.

It used to push down all the way, but it's become more challenging as the past year has worn on. Now there is about two centimeters of space and it doesn't sit flush at bottom of Valve. I can still turn it to closed but a tiny bit of water still trickles out the pipes and yesterday, for the first time the pipes started screaming... Seemed like the scream of pressurized air finding its way out through a tiny hole or slit in backwash pipes... I imagine from a only partially closed Valve.

When I turned off the pump and attempted to close the backwash valve a touch more and turned pump back on the scream was gone, but I know the true problem of a valve not fully closing needs to be fixed. Does anyone know how to fix these?

Hi this was helpful...BUT I got the o rings and silicone, went to take the valve apart but after I unscrewed it, lifted top/cap up I cannot seem to pull the whole valve out. My boyfriend and I both tried pulling it out like we saw in a you tube video, with no luck. Any idea on how to get the push pull valve out, in order to replace the o rings??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.