Re-plumb Equipment Pad?

Hi all - wanted to post an update of my progress and hopefully solicit some more advice. I ended up sticking with the same pad location for now after clearing up most of the drainage issues. Not ideal, but good enough for the short term. I re-plumbed the entire pad with 2" pvc and Jandy valves. Installed SWG, Sacrificial Anode, replaced everything in the sand filter and reclaimed the third return line from the old polaris setup. Previous heater was rusted out and I was able to get a significant amount of staining out of the pool using Pool Stain Treat. Still need to plumb the new heater in line (RP2100 w/cupro nickle heat exchange).

After getting some of the staining out, I've noticed spots where it appears that the plaster has deteriorated to the point where i'm seeing concrete aggregate. Cosmetics aside, how bad is this in terms of needing a replaster? There's no leaking that I can tell. My main concern is any impact this may have on water chemistry and damaging the new heater.

Appreciate any input and advice!

IMG_1926_zpsx8jyexgp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.