Heater won't heat higher than 95 degrees

DougS

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
Hi all,

My heater "works" but the SPA gets to about 95 and then won't go higher. The temp setting is at 104. It seems to light, but then quickly turn off after it gets to 95. It tries again, but then stops again.

It's a Pentair 250N, purchased in 2012.

On my RayPak heater the instructions say for remote control use set the heater's internal setting to max (104) before switching over to remote operation. So if you missed this step, and say only set the internal heater setting to 90, even if the remote is commanded to heat to 104, the heater would shut off at 90.
Perhaps this is your problem.

On my RayPak heater the instructions say for remote control use set the heater's internal setting to max (104) before switching over to remote operation. So if you missed this step, and say only set the internal heater setting to 90, even if the remote is commanded to heat to 104, the heater would shut off at 90.
Perhaps this is your problem.

Thanks. Mine is a Pentair, but I think there is a similar setting. However, I doubt that is the issue because it just started happening. Still, I'll see if I can check it. Thanks.

I would say to eliminate the ET system and use the heater controls only to see if the heater gets past 95. If not, then you have an issue with the heater. Also make sure the heater is set to 104.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.