Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Auto Pool Cleaner - Customer Support Issue - Question - Hose leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Auto Pool Cleaner - Customer Support Issue - Question - Hose leaking

I recently purchased the Intex Auto Pool Cleaner off Amazon. I was very happy with this product until I tried to contact customer service. When I hooked the cleaner up I notice a pretty significant amount of water coming out of the fitting where the "D" hose connects to the "B" hose. The cleaner itself worked pretty efficiently so I didn't have very much concern. I thought I would simply call Intex, explain the issue and they could send me a new fitting and everything would be fine. Turns out that it's not that simple. I called Intex call center three times and all three times I was told that the product was designed to have a leak to reduce the pressure. Since this cleaner works on the existence of pressure I felt I was getting the run around. I then googled the corporate headquarters for Intex and found a number in California. I got connected to the receptionist who sent me directly back to the "call center" and then proceed to block my number. I asked all three people at the call center to let me speak to the supervisor and all three continued to argue with me and refused to let me speak to anyone else. I don't wish to return the whole product because it seems to be working decently well but being an engineer, I find it difficult to believe someone would design something that works by using pressure to "leak" in order to reduce pressure.

But... Maybe I'm wrong. I was hoping that maybe someone on here has this same product and could tell me if there cleaner also leaked at the same location?
    15'x45" AGP Metal Frame - Intex 2500GHP - Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit - TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Auto Pool Cleaner - Customer Support Issue - Question - Hose leaking

Sounds hokey to me...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

It leaks by design. Not to reduce pressure but rather so that it can rotate freely and not get twisted up.

My advice is as long as it works, don't worry about it.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine does the same thing but it works good .
    Intex 2048 Pro Series, 8000 gallon, Hayward 1hp pump, Pool and Spa sand filter model SM 1915SHG . Hayward ST 109 skimmer ,Hayward return ,hard plummed. TF-100 w speed stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    It leaks by design. Not to reduce pressure but rather so that it can rotate freely and not get twisted up.

My advice is as long as it works, don't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkeev View Post
    Mine does the same thing but it works good .
    Thank you all for your response. Mine is still doing pretty well and I've accepted the leak as a part of the design. It doesn't seem to be detrimental to the performance of the cleaner.

I do have an additional question.

I've been running mine 24/7 to keep up with all the debris from all the storms we've had but do you typically run your's all the time?
    15'x45" AGP Metal Frame - Intex 2500GHP - Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit - TF 100

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I do.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation