Noobie here.. Question about pool ladder - how many steps?

vec

Bronze Supporter
May 16, 2016
Belleville, Ontario
Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking for a long time, but have never posted.. :)
Last year we purchased (used) an on-ground pool.. By the time the deck got built around it, it was almost time to close up for the year so we never worried about a ladder. A ladder did not come with the pool, so i'm looking at purchasing a gently used one.
My question is. The depth of our whole pool is 48". Would a 2 step ladder be long enough? Do any of you have a 2 step ladder in an area with the 48" depth? I have a suspicion that it might not be long enough :-(

Thanks in advance for any replies.. I can't wait until the weather up here in the North is warm enough to open this beast.

Mom's pool is 54" but she has 4 steps and it's still not what I would classify as easy to get out of. This gives a distance of roughly 12" per step. I dislike this enough that the inground they are fixing to build will have 9" steps to make it easier getting out. I don't think 2 would be nearly enough for a 48" pool which would be 24" per step, especially if you have any kiddos or people with knee/hip/joint problems using the pool.

So Vec did u find answers? Im curious. I found that at Lowe's they have the stringers but for a 48" high, u would want 7 steps (48÷7 [the ideal stair height] then u have how many steps) I want a landing but haven't found the right plans. Here are a few ideas I found. I really love that last pic. I'd love to have that edge. And those steps
d3c691010ccc5918c75b95cd2ab1e999.jpg
0b5098d7e16a9b7719b1bc969ca260b2.jpg
6fe1f72bed63f00a3def7247accb1e92.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.