PH is creeping up...

Beez said:
waterbear said:
I use supreme plus myself and you DO need to adjust the pH to target befoe you use it.

Also, dropping the pH form 8.0 to 7.5 will only drop the TA by about 8 ppm which is below the resolution of the TA test! That is why you did not see a change in TA. It did move but not enough to show up on the test.
OK, cool, thanks for that! After receiving the above advice, I decided to go by the textbook on this one. Here are my revised numbers as of this a.m.:
FC - 6.5 (within range, but a little higher than I would like)
CC - 0.0
PH - 7.5
TA - 70
CH - 290
CYA - 55
borates - 0
So now, I think I'm ready for the Supreme Plus...anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Dave

Your numbers look good. The FC will drop on is own so I would not lose any sleep over it! :sleep: It's certainly not a problem to swim in at the present level.

Even with the supreme plus you will stlll probably need to add acid from time to time to maintain the pH. It is the nature of an overcarbonated pool (which all of them are)
ta-what-is-it-really-t4979.html
While you might have to add acid to maintain the pH you will not be having to add pH increaser and baking soda on a regular basis to keep the pH from crashing and the TA from dropping too low like when you were using trichlor.
It actually becomes less expensive and less troublesome to keep the water balanced. It's a good tradeoff, IMHO! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.