Pool Build Design Input/Thoughts

Apr 8, 2017
houston texas
I am hoping to get some thoughts and inputs on which design I should go with.

Background: I live on 5 acres. My garage sites to the right of my house/covered patio so there is no way my neighbors could see my family enjoying the pool from that side. The other side of the house were the pool would be is currently wide open. I don't believe my neighbors could see much from their house, however they have a very tall and large barn that would have clear views of the pool area.

So keep that in mind on the designs as I'm trying to make this as private as possible. I understand I live on 5 acres and its already very private, however if I'm designing a pool I want to make it as private as possible.

See the pictures below of my house as it currently sits.

I am looking at two to three different design options. I should have 4-5 different builders submitting designs, but I only have 2 builders design so far to share.

Design option 1: Do a pool with an outdoor firepit. Keep things simple

Design Option 2: Do a pool with with a covered patio on the opposite side of the garage. Run the covered patio the same length as the garage. Have a outdoor fireplace under the covered patio. Tear down my current outdoor kitchen (see the pictures) and move it under the new covered patio. --> I would do this so I have a "covered" walkway to go from one covered patio to the next. if you look at the picture if I move the outdoor kitchen I would have a covered walkway to the new covered patio. Also, my wife likes the idea of "opening" up the space and moving the outdoor kitchen so we have a better view from inside the house.

Design Option 3: Have everything the exact same as Design option 2. The differences would be I would cut the covered patio short and make a outdoor firepit instead of a fireplace at the end of the patio and have the new covered patio just be for the outdoor kitchen

First off, wow, nice property! Your house is made for a pool. There is such a big difference between options 1 and the other options, I don't feel like I can offer too much of an opinion. Without seeing the view lines to your neighbor's house and barn, I'm not sure which would better.

But here's my two cents anyway - I live on a small lot with my neighbors right on top of me. One neighbor is a single-story house so my 8' fence provides plenty of privacy. But my other neighbor has a two story house with plenty of windows looking right down into my pool area. I solved the privacy problem with landscaping. I installed 9 strategically placed evergreens. Those along with a very large patio umbrella gives me pretty good privacy. Now granted my pool is very small, but it might be something worth looking into.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sorry I had to figure out how to make a photobucket account since I am limited on what I can attach size wise.

This is design Option 1 from the first pool builder

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/luckyc1423/library/Design option 1 -- builder 1

- - - Updated - - -

This is design option 2 -- from pool builder 2

**outdoor kitchen would be added under the covered patio, for some reason he forgot to include that in this design.**

**also, I was thinking of having him add a wall for privacy so the neighbors on that side could not see in**

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/luckyc1423/library/Design Option 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.