Intex 18x52 upgrade SandPump from 2100gph to 4500, allow for strong dual suction?

I'm about to upgrade my 2100gph sand pump (0.5 hp i think) that came with my system (see build link/specs in sig).. to the Best Choice 4500GPH 19" 1hp that many have.

My main driving force on making this move is so that instead of only using 1 of my two outlet/suction ports (one of which goes to the hayward, one goes to a strainer).. i can have both running and get good suction.

If i turn off the strainer and let the hayward be the primary and you hold your hand near the port, it really Sucks and sucks well.. if i then open up the valve on my secondary strainer port and have them both going at once then the amount of suction on the hayward is very mild.

I also will be attaching an intex robot on the return split i've plumbed, not so much an issue after the pump i guess.

So my thinking is that going to the 4500, 1 hp system will allow for both suction ports to have decent sucking power.

Is this accurate.. any experiences, maybe someone has done this actual swap too and can comment?

Thanks in advance

With my 1.5HP pump I find that the pool stays the cleanest with the skimmer running wide open, and the secondary suction port just cracked open, maybe 15-20%. If I let the skimmer suction drop further, more debris seems to make it past my skimmer, and gets the chance to sink to the bottom.

With my 1.5HP pump I find that the pool stays the cleanest with the skimmer running wide open, and the secondary suction port just cracked open, maybe 15-20%. If I let the skimmer suction drop further, more debris seems to make it past my skimmer, and gets the chance to sink to the bottom.
Thats the Power Flo Matrix pump i think you said.. any idea gph rating on that.. sounds like it might be even more than the 1hp/4500 i'm about to get, but maybe i'm still a big enough upgrade from the 2100hp.. not sure how well hp relates to gph, which stat to go by.. the one i have coming might be fine.. either way, good to know you only can crack it a bit, but at least you can. My budget was $250 on an upgrade though, i think anything larger it would be way beyond that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.