Question About Pentair Easytouch 8 - Extra AUX Install

Jun 15, 2015
Las Vegas,NV
Quick question on old thread. I have an easytouch 4 and on my system is the filter pump, waterfall pump, air blower, lights. I am upgrading to the intellibrite LED's. I would like to be able to set different colors in the spa vs pool. Is this a situation where I would add the extra relay since all 4 of mine are already full? Can the Extra AUX be used for LED lights?

Thanks
Drew

My understanding is that with the Easytouch 4 I can only have 4 relays plus the one "Extra Aux" to make it an Easytouch 5. To get 8 (or 9) I would need to upgrade the board to the Easytouch 8 board. That's the way I understand it from the other threads.

Thanks

Drew,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool automation questions... :snorkle:

Yes.. if you are not using solar...

You just mount the new relay and then plug it into the "Solar" port on the back of the main PCB. The port drives a relay just like any of the other Aux ports.

It becomes "AuxEx"..

Jim R.

Awesome. Just to confirm the relay is part# 520106? So my plan to upgrade was to get the pentair Amerbrite LED bulb for the pool light and Intellibrite 5G for the spa as I have not seen a spa bulb replacement available. Is there one in the Amerbrite series? According to Pentair the Amerbrite has the same functionality and output as the intellibrite 5G lights. Is the best route to take?

Thanks again
Drew

I have Intellibright LED lights in my pool (two) and (one) in my spa.
I had them on two different relays (pool & spa) on my ET 8 but it looked strange when they were both on (which was most of the time) with
different colors so I put them back onto (1) circuit.

I also have kids and visitors and don't want anyone swimming with just the spa light on. So it all lights - or none at all or moonlight for privacy.

Just my 2 cents.

Some thoughts on this - when you convert the solar to a 5th relay - I don't know if the ET4 board will have the smarts to run it as an Intellibright light. So move one of the items that just has a distinct on an off to that 5th added relay - just update your configuration in the Screenlogic config (assuming you have Screenlogic if you don't - then you have to do the config through the menu on the Panel) to what is controlled on which AuxX relay. Once you have the lights wired to relays that we know are good for an Intellibright light (1 through 3) - you have to go in to the config and change the "Circuit Function" from just "Light" to "IntelliBrite". The panel will then know you have more options for colors and patterns for the light.

I haven't done any research and don't know the difference in the Amerbrite bulbs and the Intellibrite - but you should check out J and J electronics bulbs. Much better price point than the Pentair, they fit in the Pentair housings and are controlled by the ET panels just like the name brand bulbs. One or two of them don't match the exact same brightness output as the Pentair, but close. I had plain white bulbs at build. The spa bulb burned out and I replaced it last year with the J and J Electronics LXG spa bulb, part number LPL-S2-RGB-120. I went into config on my panel - told it I have an Intellibrite bulb and I have full control just like the Pentair LED bulb.

I just did a quick google and found this - seems no real difference in the two types of bulbs Amerbrite and Intellibrite - http://poolfyi.com/forum/intellibrite-vs-amerbrite-functional-differences

Sorry for bumping this thread but how exactly do you convert Solar to a 5th relay?

I bought a relay and hooked it up to "SOLAR". Now how do I go about toggling it? I tried setting up Enable Solar under settings->Solar (I had to turn off my heat pump setting) but I still was unable to figure out where to assign a feature to Solar to toggle it... What am I missing here?

BTW I have the ET4 Single Body which I'm pushing the limits on. Trying to avoid having to spend 500 bucks on a ET8...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It should be called Aux Extra in the menu... At least that's what it is on the ET8s

Yeah, I did some more tinkering and think I figured out that if you enable Heat Pump in Settings (which I have a Pentair UltraTemp), the "Aux Extra" goes away... If I disable Heat Pump, then Aux Extra shows up and I can use it.

Sigh. Pentair just knows how to vacuum money out of your pocket don't they? Looks like I'm going to need to get a ET8 board if I want to have independent control of my pool lights vs my magicstreams.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.