intelliflo i1 Priming Failure

dogman

May 8, 2014
missouri
Need some help on my new I1. Only been running for a week now. was installed over the winter and pool was opened last week. Pump ran fine and seemed to follow the schedules. Went out of town and came back to 0 RPM. tried to reset and then keep receiving a "Priming Failure" alarm with number B70021. plenty of water is flowing through. Shut it down fully cleaned basket (which was not dirty) and filters (since I just opened). however, given i follow TFP, my pool was fairly clean when opened and spotless on day 2.

Interestingly, when i try to start the pump in preset 2, the pump will prime and run and I can adjust the RPM. however, from there when it hits its next schedule point, it goes to 0 RPM. when i try to start during that schedule, I get a Priming Failure code.

I have it scheduled as follows:

6:01 am - 11 at 2000
11:01 am - 10 pm 2600
10:01 - 2: 00am 3200
2:01 - 6:00 am 3200 (if pressure cleaner is scheduled otherwise disabled)
2:01 - 11:00 am at 2000 (if pressure cleaner is not scheduled and using robot)

my pressure cleaner is on its last leg and I use it while out of town since I dont want to leave the robot unattended.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Is it sucking air in from the skimmer when it runs at full speed for priming?
Check your water level make sure its where it should be.

Adjust the priming speed down to around 2200rpm if you don't have any problems with loosing prime. My superflo will suck air from the skimmer even when the water is to the top of the skimmer if I let the pump run at full speed. I never exceed 2600rpm on my pump.

thanks everyone. talked to Pentair and our local pool service company who installed the pump. since I have a flooded system (meaning my pump sits below grade to the pool by a good 6' or so), priming is generally not an issue for me. in this situation, it is possible that the pump cannot sense a pressure difference (since it is basically already primed) and thus thinks it is not primed. Pentair suggested lowering the priming sensitivity to 3 and the RPMs to 3000. the pool contractor turned off priming altogether and the system is now running fine. Cycled through all the schedules yesterday and last night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.