Proper filter cleaning?? Pentair clean and clear cartridge filter.

Apr 16, 2017
Dallas, TX
Any links that will guide me to the best step by step filter: cleaning process, how often, solvents/ no solvents, hose accessories, etc.
I have seen several ways on you tube, and I want to do it the best way.
Thanks!

(I'm not sure what my starting pressure was)??
Pool is almost 2 yrs old-
I have paid a pool guy to clean 2-3 times... but I'm not sure, as I never saw him do it...

IMG_6701.jpgIMG_6697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julz,

Here is a good one, as long as you don't pay much attention to their requirement to soak the filters in a Leslies chemical. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwijlNGC_6zTAhVL8mMKHUA-BBEQtwIIKDAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH4D05EV9Q_Y&usg=AFQjCNGN17QJEL5j-gLJwGeqzWldH-sVDg

It can't hurt to soak them, but in your situation, when you may have to do this several times to get your pool back into shape, I would skip that step for now.

I have the filter flosser and like it, but it is not required. Any hose-end sprayer will work just fine.

Jim R.

Thanks so much for everything!!
It was raining here this evening, so I couldn't attempt it yet--but I will!
In the meantime, until I can get it done, is it ok the run the cleaner/ pump? I've had it on all day!
I don't want to burn anything up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not really necessary to soak the filters every time you clean them. It helps get them whiter again, but not a requirement. If you want to soak them, mix up some tri sodium phosphate (TSP) into the container with your water and let the filters soak overnight.

I don''t soak mine. I Just take them out and spray them with a water hose with a spray nozzle on it. Set the nozzle to stream and go to town on it.
Clean them from the top down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.