Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Identifing Multiport?

1. Back To Top    #1

Identifing Multiport?

I need to replace the multi-port valve on my filter as it's cracked in a couple places and the previous owner apparently JB welded it a couple of times. I looked around it pretty thoroughly and only found a single number on it...but part of it is covered over by the afore mentioned JB weld.

How do I go about identifing it so I can order a replacement. Info I do have.

Make: Hayward
    Flow info; 60GPM, 50PSI
    Number partially covered over; SP-0711-A1[JB weld starts here]

Other then "Top" and "Bottom" and the information on the tag as to placement and effect of the handle I didn't see any other markings.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

~Matt
    15K gal, IG vinyl, Sand Hayward, Hayward Pump single speed, Install 2004, TF-100, city water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Identifing Multiport?

I'm not 100% certain, but (Amazon link ->) this valve appears to be the current Hayward valve part that will replace valve SP0711 which I think is an obsolete part number.

Does this look the same as your current valve?

Hayward.JPG
    - Pool Type: 15k Gal Gunite IG non-SWG / Built 1988
    - Pump: Pentair Challenger / Sweep Pump: Letro Model LA01N .75HP Single-speed / 6 hrs-day (1 turnover)
    - D.E. Filter: OEM: Nautilus (Pentair) #NS 36 / 36 Sq Ft / D.E. Charge: 3.6 Lb
    - Pentair 4-wheel Sweep LL505G - Booster Pump runs ~2 hrs/day

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmm, not really. Ports appear to be stacked on top of each other rather then staggered as shown.

20170418_192402.jpg
    15K gal, IG vinyl, Sand Hayward, Hayward Pump single speed, Install 2004, TF-100, city water.

4. Back To Top    #4

I think that Scoop is correct. The Hayward SP0714T is the model that replaced your model. It should work.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.