Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer doesn't turn

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer doesn't turn

I have an Intermatic PF1102T timer which is 11 years old. Beginning several months ago, it randomly would stop turning. If I spun the dial a revolution or two, it would begin turning again. Now it has stopped turning completely. It still operates the pump if I manually turn it to a place on the dial where the pins are raised. Also, the thermostat appears to still turn the pump on at the set temperature. I've seen on some older post where a suggestion was made to only replace the motor (rather than the entire unit). Where is the motor located? When I look in my unit, I see three parts: the thermostat, the relay, and the timer housing. Is the motor inside the timer housing? Because my unit is 11 years old, should I replace the entire unit or just the motor? Thanks for all your help. You folks are awesome.
    18.5K IG, concrete w/pebbletec surface, manual chlorine, DE filter, full sun location, TF 100 test kit, Polaris cleaning robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timer doesn't turn

I would replace the whole thing. I run into similar timers all the time at work. Not only is that little syncro motor 11 years old, but so are the gears, bearings, contacts, and everything else.
    Chris | 16' x 34' 16,000 gallon | IG Vinyl | Pentair Tagelus sand filter | Jandy 2hp epump | AquaPro PRO1300 heat pump | Coverstar auto cover | Taylor K-2006 | built August, 2016.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. That confirms what I thought.
    18.5K IG, concrete w/pebbletec surface, manual chlorine, DE filter, full sun location, TF 100 test kit, Polaris cleaning robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You can also check the timer motor and many times replacing that alone resolves the issues. I've had the same timer clock from 15 years.
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube