Timer doesn't turn

Aug 9, 2015
Waxhaw, NC
I have an Intermatic PF1102T timer which is 11 years old. Beginning several months ago, it randomly would stop turning. If I spun the dial a revolution or two, it would begin turning again. Now it has stopped turning completely. It still operates the pump if I manually turn it to a place on the dial where the pins are raised. Also, the thermostat appears to still turn the pump on at the set temperature. I've seen on some older post where a suggestion was made to only replace the motor (rather than the entire unit). Where is the motor located? When I look in my unit, I see three parts: the thermostat, the relay, and the timer housing. Is the motor inside the timer housing? Because my unit is 11 years old, should I replace the entire unit or just the motor? Thanks for all your help. You folks are awesome.

cjpwalker

Silver Supporter
Sep 1, 2016
Yakima, WA
I would replace the whole thing. I run into similar timers all the time at work. Not only is that little syncro motor 11 years old, but so are the gears, bearings, contacts, and everything else.

ps0303

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jul 6, 2011
FL
You can also check the timer motor and many times replacing that alone resolves the issues. I've had the same timer clock from 15 years.