Swamp Fever...First Time Pool Opening....SLAM Time

@kimkats Thanks, it's always good to have a good plan and people on here to help when needed!!! :)

Skimmed and vacuumed last night. I swore I saw the bottom a few times but I think it was an optical illusion...LOL

Brushed the pool this morning.
FC = 14ppm raised it back up to 16ppm

Looks like we are supposed to have about 6" of rain over the next few days, should be a good time to do some backwashing..Haha
With that said, I need to check my CYA since I've done a bit of backwashing already and vacuuming to waste when the water level was to high.

Yesterday my co-worker who says his pool is clean if he can smell the chlorine was asking if my pool is clear yet and I said no. He said, how come? are you just adding chlorine and why aren't you using algaecide. He said he always adds the pucks and algaecide when he opens his pool and it doesn't take very long to turn clear. He's also going to get some test strips so he can check his chlorine level once he opens it. All I could do was laugh and bite my tongue.

Yeah have bitten my tongue more that once :roll: Of three friends only ONE has come around to the TFP way. That was ONLY after their CYA got so high their little bit of FC could not keep the green monster away. I get them all cleared up and NOW they test on their own and add chlorine. They are looking into getting a SWG this year as well. The others just love their easy to use pucks. I will be ready to help them when they need it. Until I do NOT swim in their cloudy, dull pools. YUCK!

Kim:kim:

Haha but I don't get the easy to use pucks because once you get your pool clear using the TFP way it's so stinking easy to add chlorine once a day when doing other things like skimming or just checking on the pool. Can't really get much simpler than that. He did say that he hates messing with his pool so that could be some of his problem. I don't mind for the most part, I enjoy working to get my water from swamp to crystal clear TFP water....it's a good feeling. Now only if I had feeling in my index and middle fingers on my right hand. Neck issue is no better, go back to Dr. tomorrow and go from there.

I am bound and determined to get my pool clear also. I do belive it won't be long now. Still pulling a few ghost leaves out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Have no doubt you should be getting pretty close. I have all the leaves out, just some stray catkins on the bottom that show up when I vacuum.

Index and middle? My issue is with ring and pinky fingers. Mildly annoying, but it doesn't interfere with on-road/merge lane communication... ;)

Haha....at least I can't feel it when I fly the bird...LOL

Just makes it hard to type and I can't sit up straight to do so or more of my hand goes numb, also have trouble holding on to certain things but I'm making do for now. Got a pool to get cleared up, can't let a possible neck herniation stop me.

Something that I keep needing to take a picture of and see what you all think. It seem like right below my sand filter, that there is always dirt or sand on top of the pad. I know it was clean when I hooked it all up last week but it's not now. I can't see any leaks anywhere, no leaks in fittings, nothing. Maybe it's just dirt splashing up from the ground when it's raining and settles there???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just :hug: and hoping things get fixed soon :hug:

Thank you!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fighting a loosing battle with the catkins today, 25 mph winds aren't helping matters.

Picture from noon today.
34266527055_5903b9678e_h.jpg

This picture is what I mentioned earlier about the dirt around the filter. I know the concrete pad is dirty too and maybe when it rains it's bouncing up on the pump filter base? And since I said I had no leaks, what do I find? A small leak from the hose going to the pump from the valve. There one day and gone the next...LOL

34266530605_4a8e39e24a_h.jpg

Do your remember how high your sand was when you put it in? (I don't on mine). If so open it up and see if it is down very far.

The really easy thing would be to rinse that are real good and maybe put something down like bricks or rocks to keep the dirt/sand around it from being able to do that again and see what happens.

@Kimkats From what I can remember the level of sand inside looked about the same as it was when I added it to begin with or it could be down an inch or two and I wouldn't really notice. I'll clean the area up and do what you suggested and see if any more dirt / sand shows up.

Worked a 13 hour shift yesterday, got home late and after I took a med induced nap I finally made it out to the pool. Skimmer was pretty full of catkins, cleaned it, skimmed and brushed. Added Chlorine to keep me at my slam level. This morning I skimmed, brushed and added chlorine again....LOL

It was dark out so I'm not sure how clear the water is getting right now. I won't be going home at lunch (going to work through it) because of my Dr. appointment and hopefully it will still be light out when I get home tonight but there is a good chance of heavy storms today and tonight so the pool might just be a wreck until tomorrow.

Doctor said it has to be a mechanical issue in my neck and not just a muscle so I'm getting an MRI next week and then go from there. Wait Wait Wait, just like waiting on the pool to clear up...Haha

It's has been pouring all afternoon and I'm sure by the time I get home the water level is gonna be pretty high. I'll try to do some cleaning in between lightning strikes...Just kidding, kinda!!! :)

DUDE! What am I going to do with you???? NO playing outside with lighting heard or seen in the last 30 mins!!! Your poor mom when you were coming up and wife NOW!!!

:hug: please be safe!

MRI-YES! Please keep me in the loop.

DUDE! What am I going to do with you???? NO playing outside with lighting heard or seen in the last 30 mins!!! Your poor mom when you were coming up and wife NOW!!!

:hug: please be safe!

MRI-YES! Please keep me in the loop.

Haha I know better to go out and play around when it's storming out.....LOL

Rained a bunch from 4-10pm last night, water level was just below the top rail. Skimmer was full of catkins, FC level checked, added more as needed.

Skimmed this morning, it was chilly out....brrrrr

I'll keep you updated on the MRI!! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.