Swamp Fever...First Time Pool Opening....SLAM Time

I checked CYA yesterday afternoon and had to do it twice to make sure I saw it right. First time it read 40 second 35, I guess there was already some in there from when I did the original test last week (user error on the test, it was cloudy outside). Good thing I only added enough CYA to raise it 20ppm and not 30ppm. With that said I've adjusted my chlorine as required for my SLAM with 40ppm CYA.

Would his chlorine burn off faster though if he didn't raise it to 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. Look at what he posted above though. That is what I thought would happen. He had some CYA in the water so I wanted to make sure he did not raise it too much. It turned out just right.

Kim:kim:

Would his chlorine burn off faster though if he didn't raise it to 20?

Even with my CYA at 35ppm right now, I'm loosing about 5ppm of chlorine during the day but figure that's because of the all the yucky stuff that the chlorine is sanitizing. It was 90 and sunny yesterday, now we are looking at rain the next 3 days and temps in the 50's on Saturday.

IMG_0600_zpsk0wuqyp1.jpg

IMG_0599_zpsxikwpfre.jpg

This is what the pool looked like after I vacuumed, brushed and skimmed yesterday evening.

This mornings test result: FC = 14ppm need to add 30 oz of bleach to get me back to 16ppm

Picture from this morning, didn't brush or anything, skimmer was clean. I'll brush it at lunch depending on how my neck/shoulder feels.

IMG_0601_zpspm9t1gnf.jpg

Getting there. Looking better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! :)

It is getting bluer! Nice to see that movement!

Kim:kim:

Slowly but surely!!! :)

For the life of me I can not figure out why my pressure drops to about half or more. There is nothing blocking the line from the skimmer to the pump basket or from the pump to the filter. It just blows my mind and as I said before, it happens at least once a day. To get the pressure back up I have to flip it over to backwash for a few seconds, then to rinse and then back to filter. Now this morning I didn't go to rinse after the short backwash, went to filter and it blew green water into my pool for a few seconds.....grrrrr!!!

Thanks!!! :)

Slowly but surely!!! :)

For the life of me I can not figure out why my pressure drops to about half or more. There is nothing blocking the line from the skimmer to the pump basket or from the pump to the filter. It just blows my mind and as I said before, it happens at least once a day. To get the pressure back up I have to flip it over to backwash for a few seconds, then to rinse and then back to filter. Now this morning I didn't go to rinse after the short backwash, went to filter and it blew green water into my pool for a few seconds.....grrrrr!!!

So you don't feel crazy.... my filter actually doesn't increase and starts to decrease when I need to do something lol No idea why but that is what it does...

When I first moved in here, the water and flow were good and then the gauge started reading zero (literally) and I couldn't run my vacuum.. after the first cleaning of the filter it went right back to normal...

I like being an anomaly [emoji23][emoji23]

So you don't feel crazy.... my filter actually doesn't increase and starts to decrease when I need to do something lol No idea why but that is what it does...

When I first moved in here, the water and flow were good and then the gauge started reading zero (literally) and I couldn't run my vacuum.. after the first cleaning of the filter it went right back to normal...

I like being an anomaly [emoji23][emoji23]

LOL!!!

Well apparently that's my case then also, makes no sense but guess I'll just go with it. :confused:

**update**
Was talking with one of the engineers I work with and I think the cause of my pressure drop is the multi-port valve isn't making a tight seal and lets a little air in and over time it causes a pressure drop. I didn't notice a drop of water running down from it this morning. Guess I will take it off and re-seat it and see if that fixes the issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There you go. Mystery solved. That's a rather interesting place for it. What model filter is it?

Good question, I'm not sure off the top of my head. I'll look at lunch and post it. I swear that last year when the filter would get dirty the pressure would go up on the gauge??? I've slept a few times since then and can't remember for sure....LOL

Haha yes you are weird!!! LOL

Makes perfect sense that the pressure would drop since mine is right before the outlet. For some reason I just thought my pressure went up when it needed backwashed, probably because that's what everyone else's on here does.

On another note...I was talking with my co-worker who has an AGP and was talking to him about using the TFP method this year (tried getting him to do it last year and it was a no go). He just said he's gonna throw some bleach in there when he takes the cover off and then use pucks like he has every year. His pool is a swamp like mine, can't wait to see how long it takes him to get his clear. Watch it'll be faster than mine....LOL

His attitude is, just throw a puck in the floater and call it good, check with test strips and if the water smells like chlorine then it's all good.

On another note...I was talking with my co-worker who has an AGP and was talking to him about using the TFP method this year (tried getting him to do it last year and it was a no go). He just said he's gonna throw some bleach in there when he takes the cover off and then use pucks like he has every year. His pool is a swamp like mine, can't wait to see how long it takes him to get his clear. Watch it'll be faster than mine....LOL

His attitude is, just throw a puck in the floater and call it good, check with test strips and if the water smells like chlorine then it's all good.

Yuck.. I would not want to swim in that... sadly, I don't swim anywhere but my pool [emoji23][emoji23]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.