Time for new SWG?

Jul 27, 2016
Wesley Chapel
Hi guys,

The last time my chlorine generator died it didn't register salt above areading of 2300 and stopped producing chlorine even though there was plenty of salt in the pool. I think this one is about 5 years old so I know it is getting close to having to replace it but i am not sure yet. The serial # is: 3E11209-2686626 - it is a T-Cell 15.

I am getting very different readings between the salt level, which it says is at 3000 and the instant salinity reading, which used to read about the same as the normal salt reading, then started to display about half of what the normal reading was and now is down to 300 even though the normal reading is still 3000 before I push the diagnostic button. It still seems to produce chlorine but I am having to turn the dial up higher and higher to maintain a good level. DOes it sound like it is time to replace? IS there a test that can be done to be sure?

Thanks,

Greg

I wonder how it lasts compared to an OEM? Funny how some of the reviews say it's a name brand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You don't have to go through ebay to get that deal, they list it on their store website.

With their full two year replacement warranty it makes it enticing for those who want to spend as little as they can to get the SWG up and running.

The questions would be how do they honor the warranty and how long do these cells last? I have a local authorized Hayward shop near me that I can take a bad cell in, they test it and replace it right then if it is bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.