Harrisburg, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Starting up the pool for the year and still getting things balanced. I seem to have an issue I don't remeber having in the prior two years. My SWG is off due to very low salt - 2500 ppm on the display. However, the salt test kit is showing 3200 ppm (still a little low as I am working on balancing everything right now). I remember it always reading low when the water temp is low (60 deg currently), but not off by this much. Has anyone else had this issue? Hoping it starts coming up on the unit soon or afraid something might be wrong with the sensor.

S,

Check out this info posted by JamesW .

"Pressing and holding the “More” button launches the System Status Mode. When the lights finish scrolling, the percent lights indicate hours of usage in 1,000s. For example, if the 40% light lights, that indicates 4,000 hours.

Version 3.1 on adds the ability to determine system temperature. Pressing the “More” button after the display shows 1,000s of hours of usage, will show temperature as follows:

Lights…………….....………Temperature
No LEDs………….…..………Below 30F
40%..........................36 to 45F
40% and 60%............46 to 55F
60%..........................56 to 65F
60% and 80%............66 to 75F
80%.........................76 to 85F
80 and 100%............86 to 95F
100%.......................96 to 99F
100% blinking……..….over 99F
All LEDs blinking……...Sensor bad "

I had a similar problem with my IC40, where the salt level reported by the cell was 2650 or so, yet the salt tester I have reported about 3400..

When I ran the tests, outline by JamesW, all the LEDs were flashing, indicating a bad temperature sensor. Since my IC40 is still under warranty, my PB sent out a Pentair warranty tech, who installed a new sensor in about five minutes. After the sensor was replaced, the SWCG reported 3200 ppm. Which is pretty good as the SWCG's salt test is +/- 500 ppm.

I have another pool which also has an IC40 and when I ran the test on that SWCG, it showed the 60% and 80% lights, which made sense as the pool water temperature was 71 degrees...

I suggest you try the test. It will tell you if the sensor is bad or if your water is just too cold to produce good results.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.