Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nice Little Read..

1. Back To Top    #1

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Nice Little Read..

I'm pretty sure there is a relationship between Lowry and TFP somewhere along the way. Which accounts for why it makes sense!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a relationship between Lowry and TFP somewhere along the way. Which accounts for why it makes sense!
    That relationship is that he got the idea from, and had help editing his book by Richard Falk. You might know him better as chem geek, one of the people responsible for the FC/CYA ratio we know today and helped create this site.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey I'm old old school. We didn't play around with conditioner when I first was maintaining my dad's pool in the 70's and 80's, we CHLORINATED and I mean a LOT, every day. We kept a stockpile of it in the garage and a couple boxes of MA over on the other side at all times. A basic OTO kit and lots of liquid chlorine and you pretty much didn't have to worry about much but being there every day to add it in and run the OTO test. Today's methods are much more forgiving when using CyA. I just found that read interesting as it does cover a few more things not discussed much here.

5. Back To Top    #5

In this article, New Thinking: Chlorine/Cyanuric Acid In Balance - AQUA Magazine, Lowry credits Richard Falk (chemgeek) and Ben Powell with a lot of the early work that he based his article on. Both of whom are credited here at the bottom of the page, Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart, with developing the chlorine/CYA chart and theory behind it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach