cc150 filter stuck on core

Sweep49

Bronze Supporter
Mar 18, 2015
Cordele/GA
Has anyone had their clean and clear filter cartridge get stuck on the plastic core. This is the second time it has happened to me. I cut the first one off. The cart seems loose at the bottom, but the top rubbery like ring won't slide up and off the plastic core. Wondering how I could get it off without ruining the filter or the core. It's a Pentair Clean and Clear 150 filter unit.

I removed the filter cartridge from mine and the core came out with it. I then removed it from the core with the help of another person (it was tight) and placed the core back in the cylinder - be sure to align it correctly if this happens. This was before I ever installed the filter system after I received it in the mail - I was just wanting to see what was in there. Try to hold the upper ring of the filter with your fingers and pull up while holding the core down with your thumbs. You might "gently" tap down on the core with a rubber mallet while pulling / pushing up on the filter cartridge (if the core and filter cartridge are both out). I haven't removed my cartridge since placing in service but it has not been in service very long. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.