Help!!! POOL NOT PRIMING

TJ2007

Apr 12, 2017
Mineral Wells
It was working fine yesterday when i was vacuuming my pool. All of sudden it stopped vacuuming or i would say very low suction. I opened up the valve to see if there is any debris in. After putting back valves its not priming. When i turn on the pump i see bubbles in the pool. I did fill the water in pump basket but as soon i start the pump water is gone. No idea what went wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_5594.jpg
    IMG_5594.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5595.jpg
    IMG_5595.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 51
So what feeds the pump or put another way what is on the suction side of your system?

A skimmer and a main drain?

Assuming the pump is operating fine it sounds like you have a serious air leak somewhere between the pump and the pool.

Check the pump basket seal and check to see where you may have air coming into the suction lines.

It looks like you have all three valves "open" (the main drain, skimmer, and pool vacuum). Close the "Vac" line try again. Or close "Vac" and "Skimmer" valves and try to prime again. You may have an obstruction in the vacuum line (do you use anything (in-line leaf screen, etc.) to catch debris from vacuum from going into line)?

And as gwegan said, double check the pump basket seal. nine times of of ten the o-ring on the pump basket cover is leaking.

Thank you Guys. I sealed the lid as well as valve o rings. Closed my main drain and it worked. Then slowly i open my main drain line.

Now only issue is when my pump start i get this white foam on the water. I got my water tested today and he said i have high PH and High Phosphate. How do i get rid of this foam.

We are not too big on phosphate removers and generally don't trust pool store testing. I strongly recommended you purchase one of the recommended test kits and use Pool Math above to adjust your pool.

Liquid muratic acid is generally the best way to lower Ph. You can buy at home depot. But you should be doing this in conjunction with adjusting your overall pool chemistry. Its not that difficult they explain it all in POOL School.

What is your phosphate level?

As gwegan noted above, we typically don't concern ourselves with phosphate levels, nor bother treating for them. That's a good way to spend $$ at the pool store. Simply put, no algae = nothing to feed off of phosphates. :) The recommendation to test your own water is definitely #1. I highly encourage the TF-100 (link below), but others select the Taylor K-2006C which is very good as well. If you use one of those and post a full set of your own numbers, we may be able to tell what could be contributing to your white foam issue. Any chance a "scented" or "splashless" bleach was used recently? That could do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.