Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: opening inground SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

opening inground SWG

Is there a sticky for opening an in-ground SWG pool? I thought I read one last fall on here (when reading over the closing of an in-ground pool). I was an expert (well I thought I was) by the end of summer last year for my new in-groud pool using the TFP method and now most of that knowledge has left my head and I would like to open my pool very soon. Thank you in advance

P.S. the pool company that installed my pool closed it for me (was included in the purchase of the pool) last year, but I am on my own for opening it for the first time.
    16x32 IG SWG 18,000 gallons
    Vinyl Liner
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed 3HP
    Pentair Water IntelliChlor
    Pentair Sand Dollar sand filter SD-80

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: opening inground SWG

Opening is pretty easy and is the same for any inground pool, SWG or not. The only additional consideration is checking your salt level, especially if you have to refill any significant volume of water. That and knowing that most SWG cells don't function well below 60 degrees so you may need some manual chlorination (bleach) depending on water temps.

Here's the general guide: Pool School - Opening Your Winterized Above Ground Pool

There's a few things in there that hint at an AG pool, but it's a good guideline.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is one more guide for opening, Pool Openings
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Opening is easy... the hardest part is taking off the cover, drying it, folding it and putting it away. I'm a petite middle aged female and up until recently opened my pool myself. This year I hired a company and they took longer than I used to. I think I drove them a little crazy because I was supervising them and telling them where everything was.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile