Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor(IC40) with Intellichem

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor(IC40) with Intellichem

I have all new Pentair equipment which I installed myself along with some helpful advice in the TFP community. I believe that I have done everything correct so far but should my IC40 be connected directly to the Intellichem on external relay or through the COM of the EasyTouch as I have it. The Intellichem is also connected through COM of EasyTouch. My Acid tank is wired directly to the Intellichem. I saw a few different setups online and now I am somewhat confused. All I want is the PH and Chlorine to be managed by the Intellichem as designed.
    25000 gallon Sylvan Freeform with attached Spa PENTAIR Intelliflo VS 3HP FNS Plus DE Filter 48sqf Intellichem with PH and Chlorine tanks, Easy Touch 8, screenlogic2, Master Temp 400k LP gas. New NPT Quartz Midnight Blue plaster and NPT LaMancha tile.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellichlor(IC40) with Intellichem

I wish I could tell you, but I dont have mine set up with any chemical automation. We have others that do, and they can help. Glad you found some helpful info here though. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intellichlor(IC40) with Intellichem

P,

I do not have the IntelliChem, but looking through the manual shows me that the IC40 and the IntelliChem both are connected to the EasyTouch via the communication ports.

That is how they communicate with each other.

Besides that BOTH the IC40 and IntelliChem get their AC input power from the output side of the Pump/Filter relay in the EasyTouch.

This prevents either unit from having power unless the Pump/Filter relay is energized.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.