Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning cell when you have an acid injector...

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning cell when you have an acid injector...

I have a theory that since I have an Intellichlor that injects acid and it's before the salt cell, I probably don't need to give my IC40 a cleaning/acid bath.

Is this reasonable or should I pull it out and clean it? Seems like it's pretty much always getting a pretty good acid bath, even with dilution.
    30k plaster pool
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo, Pentair CCP520, IC40 SWG, IntelliPH Acid system
    Easytouch 4 + ScreenLogic2

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning cell when you have an acid injector...

I have the same set up and had to clean mine out. It had so much build up in it that it would not work, but that was the first time in two years I had cleaned it.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleaning cell when you have an acid injector...

You are not actually given the cell an acid bath with the acid injector because the resultant PH after injection should not be that much lower than the entering pool water. However, because it is slightly lower PH, the cell may be less inclined to accumulate scale as quickly as it might without the injector. In short, the cell still needs to be inspected for scale.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater