Cleaning cell when you have an acid injector...

jvrobert

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2014
Mesa AZ
I have a theory that since I have an Intellichlor that injects acid and it's before the salt cell, I probably don't need to give my IC40 a cleaning/acid bath.

Is this reasonable or should I pull it out and clean it? Seems like it's pretty much always getting a pretty good acid bath, even with dilution.

I have the same set up and had to clean mine out. It had so much build up in it that it would not work, but that was the first time in two years I had cleaned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are not actually given the cell an acid bath with the acid injector because the resultant PH after injection should not be that much lower than the entering pool water. However, because it is slightly lower PH, the cell may be less inclined to accumulate scale as quickly as it might without the injector. In short, the cell still needs to be inspected for scale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.