Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old guy

1. Back To Top    #1

Old guy

Hello All,
    I am in Louisiana/18x36x8.5 in ground vinyl! I use copper ionization to keep my pool looking & feeling great!
    I am seeking info on copper test kits and what threads/users also use copper!?!?
    Thanks for any info provided!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old guy

Welcome to TFP!

We consider copper a problem in the water, and emphasize keeping it out of the pool at all costs. That means testing for it is not part of our philosophy. Copper is not an approved sanitizer, and a pool treated with copper alone is not safe for swimmers. Copper keeps water looking good because it is a pretty good algaecide, but it does little for bacteria and viruses.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Old Guy,

I just wanted to say welcome to TFP, but I doubt you will find what you are looking for here.

You are kind of like a Ford guy looking for parts in a Toyota store.

Thanks for posting, and hope you find what you are looking for,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Old guy View Post
    Hello All,
    I am in Louisiana/18x36x8.5 in ground vinyl! I use copper ionization to keep my pool looking & feeling great!
    I am seeking info on copper test kits and what threads/users also use copper!?!?
    Thanks for any info provided!
    Welcome to the forum, nice to have you with us.

As John has stated, we do not encourage copper usage at all. The only EPA approved sanitizers are chlorine, bromine and biguanide.

As copper levels build up (copper does not get used up or evaporate), it can stain pool surfaces & turn blond hair green.

I hope you take the time to have a read through Pool School (blue button up top on the right) to see what we teach and recommend.

Hope you enjoy the forum!
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP Old guy,

Still, even if you dont find that I hope you enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks to all who took their valuable time to respond!! I appreciate the candor!! Will continue my journey!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Old guy View Post
    Thanks to all who took their valuable time to respond!! I appreciate the candor!! Will continue my journey!
    OG where located? I'm in St Francisville.

30k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair Tagelus TA 60D sand