Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it ok to mention...

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it ok to mention...

a pool builder by name? I'm specifically wanting some locals with experience with a particular PB, but notice most posts do not include specific builders. I didn't see anything in the rules about it, just wanted to be sure before I posted.
    22X40 31000 gallon IG. AquaBright plaster, Jandy 2hp epump, 60sqf de filter, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 965, jxi400 propane heater, iaqualink control, 2 Watercolor LED lights, Taylor K2006, My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it ok to mention...

This is down in the "Everything Else" Category but I think it applies here as well..

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST: Guidelines for posting reviews.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Well I'm not a mod but have been yelled at by most of them

This part applies to the entire site, emphasis mine:
    Do not identify your builder's company or any of the owners, employees, subcontractors, or other associated build personnel by name. Please do not try to circumvent this rule by creative spelling, "rhymes with..." or descriptions so detailed they are easily identifiable. If your review catches the attention of the builder it will not be difficult for them to identify you. We have been contacted by lawyers in the past demanding posts be removed. We do not have the resources to fight with lawyers so your post will be edited or removed as needed.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

4. Back To Top    #4

I think if you said, what do you guys know about abc pool company, please PM me with any info, that would work. You still get the info and there is nothing about them on the internet. I tell people all the time on here who built my pool but we had a great experience that that may be different.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Wanted to do this, but was unsure if I was being too technical with my interpretation of the rules (something my wife complains of frequently).
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
    I think if you said, what do you guys know about abc pool company, please PM me with any info, that would work. You still get the info and there is nothing about them on the internet. I tell people all the time on here who built my pool but we had a great experience that that may be different.
    22X40 31000 gallon IG. AquaBright plaster, Jandy 2hp epump, 60sqf de filter, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 965, jxi400 propane heater, iaqualink control, 2 Watercolor LED lights, Taylor K2006, My Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6

Oops, I have named a few pool builders but it's only been in a positive light. I wouldn't voice any complaints on here about anyone.

16k Gallon, IG Vinyl, 16 x 34 x 25 Lagoon. Pentair Intelliflo VS2, ScreenLogic 2, Pentair Sand Filter, Colorlogic LEDs, TF-100, Speedstir, Pentair 920 Prowler (Rosie), and all wine is fine.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, any specifically negative postings about any company are generally not going to be allowed, other than your own personal negative experience with a product like a pump, copper algaecide, baquasil or something like that. Generally, favorable discussions about a PB or product recommendations will be allowed. As long as you are reporting factual, personal experiences and do not appear to be posting marketing hype to promote a company or product. As I'm sure we all appreciate, TFP is not here to be a marketing platform for any company. We just want real information from real people who use the products. So, if a PB does great job for you then sharing that information is ok, especially in your own pool build thread.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach