Is it ok to mention...

Well I'm not a mod but have been yelled at by most of them ;)

This part applies to the entire site, emphasis mine:
Do not identify your builder's company or any of the owners, employees, subcontractors, or other associated build personnel by name. Please do not try to circumvent this rule by creative spelling, "rhymes with..." or descriptions so detailed they are easily identifiable. If your review catches the attention of the builder it will not be difficult for them to identify you. We have been contacted by lawyers in the past demanding posts be removed. We do not have the resources to fight with lawyers so your post will be edited or removed as needed.

I think if you said, what do you guys know about abc pool company, please PM me with any info, that would work. You still get the info and there is nothing about them on the internet. I tell people all the time on here who built my pool but we had a great experience that that may be different.

Wanted to do this, but was unsure if I was being too technical with my interpretation of the rules (something my wife complains of frequently).
I think if you said, what do you guys know about abc pool company, please PM me with any info, that would work. You still get the info and there is nothing about them on the internet. I tell people all the time on here who built my pool but we had a great experience that that may be different.

Oops, I have named a few pool builders but it's only been in a positive light. I wouldn't voice any complaints on here about anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, any specifically negative postings about any company are generally not going to be allowed, other than your own personal negative experience with a product like a pump, copper algaecide, baquasil or something like that. Generally, favorable discussions about a PB or product recommendations will be allowed. As long as you are reporting factual, personal experiences and do not appear to be posting marketing hype to promote a company or product. As I'm sure we all appreciate, TFP is not here to be a marketing platform for any company. We just want real information from real people who use the products. So, if a PB does great job for you then sharing that information is ok, especially in your own pool build thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.