I may run out of R-0871 before I finish SLAM...

I know this may not be politically correct to post on this board, but if you need a good amount of reagents for a SLAM (like I have in the past) you can buy in higher quantities from suppliers on Amazon for a slightly better price. They have 16 oz. and 32 oz. bottles of the 871.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BGT62M/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1X5YNB90CMIET

I've seen those larger quantity options. Even though it would be a per oz. savings, my understanding is that the shelf life of most of these chemicals is shorter than I would deplete them.

We just has someone order from Amazon. They got the regents in and got weird test results. We could not figure out what was going on. THEN they looked at the bottle. It was out of date :( THEN the one Amazon sent them to replace it was ALSO out of date. So buyer beware.

Kim:kim:

I guess I got lucky on Amazon for my DPD orders since all of them had an expiration date that was roughly 2 years out. However I would recommend purchasing from TFTestkits to guarantee you do not have any expiration problems.

I too have gotten lucky from Amazon with the large volume reagents expiration date. I am sure there are some sellers that have absolute junk though.

One word on the "I may not use it all before" line. I may not either, but I will spend more money buying the small containers than possibly throwing out some reagent once it expires. I keep mine indoors in a closet.

I have also ordered from TFTestKits and the are simply amazing. Highly recommended.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.