Using Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log 3.3

Aug 24, 2016
HICKSVILLE, NY
I'm unsure how to use this for Chlorine. I hope someone here can help me. I'm in the ending stages of a complete renovation during which I completely emptied and refilled the pool. There is currently no chlorine in the water, but I just got the CYA up to 40. Ready to add chlorine now. I just got nine "jugs" of Clorox from BJ's. The jugs are each labeled 121 FL OZ at 8.3%.

What confuses me about the spreadsheet is the units of measurement. I'm using the TFT Test kit, and after I plug my numbers in, it tells me that I need to add 124 oz of bleach to get to my target of 3 ppm. Is that 124 fluid ounces or 124 oz by weight? And what is the purpose of that "jug size" entry on the sheet? If we're dosing by fluid ounces or weight ounces, what difference does size the bleach "package" make?

My suggestion is to use Pool Math for your dosing, or ask Jesse.

To keep it simple, the package size doesn't matter as long as you have the ounces correct or pretty close. Give or take a few ounces of bleach in the pool won't matter. If it were a lot of ounces of acid, you need more precision.

I say ask him, because I've paid little attention to his sheet, and it isn't a TFP supported platform. Pool Math is, and I know it works. His may too, but I don't endorse, support, or discount it.

And sorry, it's fluid ounces for liquids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.